[Lingtyp] terminological question about local cases/adpositions

Michael Daniel misha.daniel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 14:40:35 UTC 2021

Dear Christian,

in East Caucasian linguistics, where the meaning of spatial domain (on top
of, inside) and motion (to, from, static) are expressed separately (though
essive = static is usually unmarked) there is a long standing tradition to
use capitalized latinate labels like Sub,Super, Post, In, Inter, Apud. -
see Aleksandr Kibrik's *Nominal inflection galore: Daghestanian, with side
glances at Europe and the world* // F.Plank (ed.). Noun phrase structure in
the languages of Europe. De Gruyter. Berlin - New York, 2003. С. 37-112. -
who explains this terminology, a good overview in English, as well as many
other publications on East Caucasian.

I may provide more references in a personal email, if needed.

Michael

ср, 24 мар. 2021 г. в 17:31, Christian Lehmann <