[Lingtyp] Lingtyp mails classified as spams?

Arnold Zwicky arnold.zwicky at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 17:01:41 UTC 2022

> On Dec 10, 2022, at 9:41 PM, Ian Joo <I.Joo at tilburguniversity.edu> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> is it just me or are the lingtyp mails keep on getting classified as spams?
> I’m trying to change the settings of my e-mail to not detect them as spams but the mails inevitably end up in spam folder.
> Is it just my problem or is anyone else having the same issue?

This has been happening to me on both of the e-mail servers I use (gmail.com and stanford.edu). Originally, about a quarter of the mail to Lingtyp (I *think* just the mailings of calls for papers, open positions, conference programs, and the like) were shunted to my junk mailbox. I then had to move them to my inbox -- training the bot not to junk them in the first place -- and then delete them there after I'd read them. Things have gradually improved, but some Lingtyp mailings still get sent there. I don't know know what the bots are detecting, but the behavior is very annoying.

Arnold