[Lingtyp] Someone whose father ...

Raffaele Simone rsimone at os.uniroma3.it
Wed Feb 16 11:39:26 UTC 2022

My question was: do you know any language referring to*"someone whose
child [brother, sister, etc.] has died" *with a specific lexical item
(approx. correponding to widow and orphan)?

RS

Il 16/02/2022 11:42, Sebastian Nordhoff ha scritto:
> On 2/16/22 11:36, Adam James Ross Tallman wrote:
>> Hey Simone,
>>
>> My first question is what does "Someone to whom a child has died" mean?
>
> X had a child. The child died.
>
> Cf widow: X had a spouse. The spouse died.
> orphan: X had a parent. The parent died.
>
> Best
> Sebastian

Emeritus Professor, Università Roma Tre
Hon C Lund University
Membre de l'Académie Royale de Belgique
Chevalier de l'Ordre des Arts et des Lettres de France
Accademico della Crusca