[Lingtyp] Someone whose father ...

Jean-Christophe Verstraete jcv at kuleuven.be
Wed Feb 16 11:52:40 UTC 2022

Hi Raffaele,

Following up on David Nash's message: see the following references for
sets of bereavement terms in Umpila and Yintyingka (Paman <
Pama-Nyungan), including the ones you are looking for. Hill (2018: 94)
has further references to similar terms in the same region.

Hill, Clair. 2018. Person reference and interaction in Umpila/Kuuku Ya'u
narrative. PhD, Nijmegen & Leuven. p 94-95.

<https://repository.ubn.ru.nl/handle/2066/199508>

Verstraete, JC & B Rigsby. 2015. A grammar and lexicon of Yintyingka.
Berlin: Mouton. (See index 'bereavement terms')

https://doi.org/10.1515/9781614519003

Jean-Christophe