[Lingtyp] [External] Phonological differences of alienable vs. inalienable possession

Hollmann, Willem w.hollmann at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Jan 28 11:25:07 UTC 2022

Hi Luise

Together with my wonderful late colleague and friend Anna Siewierska I wrote a paper which suggests that the phonetic realisation of 1SG possessives may show alienability effects in Lancashire dialect (contrasting an iconicity-based account with a frequency-based explanation, à la Martin Haspelmath):

https://doi.org/10.1017/S1360674307002304

Hope this may be of some use.

Best wishes

Professor Willem B. Hollmann (SFHEA)
Associate Dean for Recruitment and Internationalisation
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS)
Lancaster University
Lancaster, LA1 4YD, UK
Pronouns: he, him, his
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/linguistics/about/people/willem-hollmann