[Lingtyp] Phonological differences of alienable vs. inalienable possession

Christian Lehmann christian.lehmann at uni-erfurt.de
Fri Jan 28 11:41:07 UTC 2022

The literature on Yucatec Maya reports on a tone lowering of the initial
syllable of a noun in the construction [poss_pronoun N] mainly if N is
inalienable. S. Lehmann 2002, ch. 3.2.1.1.1.4.4.

Lehmann, Christian 2002,/Possession in Yucatec Maya./ Second, revised
edition. Erfurt: Seminar für Sprachwissenschaft der Universität
(ASSidUE, 10). [download
<https://www.christianlehmann.eu/publ/ASSidUE10.pdf>]

Best, Christian

--