[Lingtyp] An ideophone for cough?

Jess Tauber tetrahedralpt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 16:55:32 UTC 2022

Given the large number of terms from Standard Korean which have filtered
into Jeju, I have to wonder whether  kollokkollok isn't cognate with some
of Korean terms proper and not a survival of original to Jejueo. Since all
the fluent speakers are older, collecting ideophones here is a priority,
before it is too late. Only then can these all be compared to those from
the mainland varieties.

Jess Tauber

Virus-free.
www.avg.com