[Lingtyp] HDLS15 Call for papers

High Desert Linguistics Society HDLS hdls at unm.edu
Wed May 25 18:36:12 UTC 2022

High Desert Linguistics Society HDLS has shared a OneDrive for Business file with you. To view it, click the link below.
<https://unmm-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/hdls_unm_edu/ESYbed6cpFpClt3odC1SBD4BCicrKStTr91WMbai74T1AA>
[https://r1.res.office365.com/owa/prem/images/dc-pdf_20.png]<https://unmm-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/hdls_unm_edu/ESYbed6cpFpClt3odC1SBD4BCicrKStTr91WMbai74T1AA>
HDLS15-flyer.pdf<https://unmm-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/hdls_unm_edu/ESYbed6cpFpClt3odC1SBD4BCicrKStTr91WMbai74T1AA>

Dear colleagues,

Please find attached the call for papers for our upcoming conference, the 15th Biennial High Desert Linguistics Society (HDLS15). Could you forward this to the students, faculty, and other researchers in your department? Much appreciated!

HDLS15 Call for Papers

Abstract submission deadline: June 30, 2022

The High Desert Linguistics Society is thrilled to announce the 15th biennial High Desert Linguistics Society Conference! This student-organized conference will take place from Friday, November 11th, through Sunday, November 13th, 2022 in a hybrid format. In-person presentations will be held at the University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, and streamed simultaneously online. These presentations will be supplemented by virtual talks, lightning talks, poster presentations, and asynchronous discussion.

We are honored to announce the following keynote presenters of HDLS15:

  *   Corrine Occhino (Syracuse University) on Friday, Nov. 11, 2022

  *   Mary Hermes (University of Minnesota) on Saturday, Nov. 12, 2022

  *   Amalia Skilton (Cornell University) on Sunday, Nov. 13, 2022

The central theme of the conference will be “Language and Linguistics in a fast-changing world”, and we invite submissions relating directly to this topic. We also welcome work more broadly in the field of cognitive, functional, typological linguistics, and sociolinguistics, as well as papers that examine language from the point of view of neighboring disciplines including, but not limited to, anthropology, psychology, sociology, education, and computer science.

Abstracts of up to 500 words (or 4 minutes), not including references and figures, may be submitted in any of the three languages of the conference, i.e. English, Spanish, or American Sign Language (ASL). Applicants may submit abstracts for presentations, posters, and themed panels. Themed panels will be comprised of up to three researchers presenting related work; all contributors must submit an application for a themed panel in a single document explaining the theme and each researcher’s contributions.

EasyChair Abstract Submissions and Guidelines: https://easychair.org/cfp/HDLS15

Call for Papers in ASL: https://youtu.be/qSQVyg_uOpI

For further information please visit our website at https://www.unm.edu/~hdls/ or email us at hdls at unm.edu<mailto:hdls at unm.edu>.

With best regards,

HDLS15 Officers (2021-2023)
President: Devin Tankersley
Vice President: Jens Van Gysel
Secretary: Lukas Denk
Treasurer: Geunho Cho
Liaison to Faculty: Ivette González
Liaison to Hispanic Linguistics: Érick Pineda
Liaison to Educational Linguistics: Naif Masrahi