[Lingtyp] publishing a grammar with hyperlinks

Christian Döhler christian.doehler at posteo.de
Sun Dec 10 14:12:32 UTC 2023

Dear Michael and Ilya,

I am using zenodo in such cases and publishers have been okay with this.

My Komnzo grammar (as all lang-sci books) is on zenodo
<https://zenodo.org/records/1477799>. For examples in the grammar, I
have done something similar as Eline. But there is one more click
involved in getting from the example in the pdf to the download page for
the underlying files.
1. The code next to each corpus example is a hyperlink to a table in the
appendix of the book. All corpus texts are listed in the table.
2. There are hyperlinks to zenodo in the table, where the reader can
download the audio/video file and annotation file that goes with each.

In papers, where I mention the frequency of certain forms (e.g. an
inflectional pattern for verb lexeme X), I have created a zenodo record
with a zip-file containing all annotation files and a csv file with the
data that I have extracted from these. I include a hyperlink somewhere
in the methods section of the paper. You can find an example of such a
paper here <https://doi.org/10.1515/opli-2022-0201> and the
corresponding zenodo record is here <https://zenodo.org/records/6684142>.

Best,
Christian