[Lingtyp] base valency classes of verb roots

Christian Lehmann christian.lehmann at uni-erfurt.de
Thu Dec 28 13:52:35 UTC 2023

Thanks, Randy, for the correction. Diachronically, many conjugated forms
stem from nominalized forms, whether or not this is synchronically yet
verifiable/relevant. Maybe one should say that (this concept of)
orientation presupposes the nominal categorization of a verbal base. For
some Austronesian languages, this, of course, concerns the dispute over
the categorization of major word classes,  which I am unprepared to join.

Best, Christian

E-Post: 	christianw_lehmann at arcor.de
Web: 	https://www.christianlehmann.eu