[Lingtyp] origins of portmanteaux bound person forms

Scott Delancey delancey at uoregon.edu
Wed Mar 29 23:43:44 UTC 2023

Dear Peter,

Jeff Heath's work may be helpful:

Heath, Jeffrey. 1991. Pragmatic disguise in pronominal-affix paradigms. In Paradigms: The Economy of Inflection, Frans Plank (ed.), 75–89. Berlin: Mouton de Gruyter.    doi: 10.1515/9783110889109.75

Heath, Jeffrey. 1998. Pragmatic skewing in 1 ←→ 2 pronominal combinations in Native American languages. International Journal of American Linguistics 64(2): 83–104.    doi: 10.1086/466351

And possibly the attached paper of mine may be of use.

Scott DeLancey