[Lingtyp] languages without feet?

Adam James Ross Tallman ajrtallman at utexas.edu
Sat May 6 09:20:31 UTC 2023

Thanks everyone for your responses (Ian and David + private responders),

Great leads to look at!

Here's another question ... have there been any phonologists who have
proposed or assume that *all languages have feet*. I ask because I've had
reviewer questions and conference questions that seem to presuppose this to
be the case. I'd like to see the original arguments, if there are any.

best,

Adam