[Lingtyp] what is designated by a complement clause

Christian Lehmann christian.lehmann at uni-erfurt.de
Wed May 10 06:22:00 UTC 2023

Many thanks to everybody who provided advice, references and pdfs. I am
not in a position to summarize the theses put forward; but whoever is
interested now has the bibliographical references.

Allow me, as an emeritus for quite a number of years, two general
suggestions, derived from communication on different topics of this list:

  * Not all of us have easy access to scientific publications. If
    someone provides a bibliographic reference to something which is
    online or of which he has a pdf, it is highly appreciated if the
    reference comes accompanied by a link of by the pdf.
  * In order to keep the constructive atmosphere in  which our
    communication takes place and which is a presupposition for the
    success of this list , I would request that everybody abstain from
    insisting on political correctness. (Cf. the wording of the
    preceding request.)

Best to everybody,
Christian
--