[Lingtyp] allophony of [h] and [ɸ]

Jess Tauber tetrahedralpt at gmail.com
Fri May 19 19:31:03 UTC 2023

Dunno if relevant, but in my analysis of ideophones in Korean, drawn from
Samuel Martin's dictionary (which uses the Yale Romanization), I've found
that ideophones with initial /h/ split into two setw, one of which patterns
with the labial stops, and the other with the velar stops. A similar split
seems to apply with initial /s/, with one set associating with initial
dental/alveolar stops, and the other with the palatal stops.

Jess Tauber