[Lingtyp] Syntax of the World's Languages 9 in Potsdam (Germany)?

Ilja A. Seržant serzant at uni-potsdam.de
Wed May 24 19:18:27 UTC 2023

Dear colleagues,

Martin Haspelmath encouraged our group to organize the next SWL meeting
in Potsdam. Since we all have very good memories from the previous
meetings and agree with Martin that SWL is an event that should be
continued, we are willing indeed to organize it in Potsdam (Germany) in
September 2024 or March 2025 latest. However, before starting with the
organizational matters, I would like to ask the community whether indeed
no one is planning to organize or is organizing the next meeting in
order to avoid double work.

It seems that there is no permanent SWL board and we should appoint a
senior committee for the Potsdam meeting ourselves. Please correct me if
I am wrong.

Best,

Ilja

--