[Lingtyp] Syntax of the World's Languages 9 in Potsdam (Germany)?

Sonia CRISTOFARO sonia.cristofaro at sorbonne-universite.fr
Wed May 24 22:26:30 UTC 2023

Dear Ilja,

SWL does have a scientific committee, which I have been chairing for the past few years and consists of the organizers of the last four conferences (currently Dubrovnik, Pavia, Mexico City and Paris). The scientific committee chooses the venue of the next conference, which at the moment is supposed to take place at PUCP, Lima. The Lima conference was originally scheduled for September 2020, but was repeatedly postponed due to the pandemic. The scientific committee and the local organizers eventually agreed that, all things considered, the best thing would be to keep the conference in Lima, and the latest information I received from our colleagues at PCUP was that they were planning to have the conference some time in the second half of 2023.

Best wishes,
Sonia