[Lingtyp] Novel future markers banned from negative contexts

Ian Joo ian_joo at nucba.ac.jp
Wed Nov 22 09:01:06 UTC 2023

Dear Omri Amiraz,

Mongolian future tense -na/-ne is not used in negative.

Example:

Би явна
bi yav-na
I go-FUT
'I will go.'

But:

Би явахгуй
bi yav-ax-guy
I go-INF-NEG
'I won't go.'

May Mongolists correct me if I'm wrong, as my knowledge on Mongolian is basic.

From Japan,
Ian

- - - - -
JOO, IAN 朱易安
Lecturer 助教
Faculty of International Studies 国際学部
Nagoya University of Commerce and Business 名古屋商科大学
Nisshin, Aichi, Japan 愛知県日進市
https://ianjoo.github.io
- - - - -