[Lingtyp] Open Text Collections launched and accepting submissions

Sebastian Nordhoff nordhoff at bbaw.de
Thu Nov 23 09:22:19 UTC 2023

Dear all,
the DFG-funded project Open Text Collections has officially launched.
OTC will publish high quality curated and edited text collections with a
focus on interoperability, reusability, and linguistic diversity.
Linguists who have interesting texts in their drawers or on their hard
drives are invited to submit a collection.

Text collections should comprise at least 10 texts. Texts can be
submitted in a variety of formats, among which ELAN and FLEx.

The main audiences targeted are speaker communities, typologists, and
NLP practitioners. For these groups, the text collections will be made
available in a variety of formats (HTML, PDF, print-on-demand, CLDF, and
JSON).

OTC is hosted at the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and
Humanities. Our publishing partner is Language Science Press, assuring
high quality output and distribution.

All text collections will undergo peer review, which is organized by our
regional boards. These are:

OTC Africa: Alena Witzlack-Makarevich (Jerusalem), Jeff Good (Buffalo)

OTC Caucasus: Diana Forker (Jena)

OTC Eurasia: Michael Rießler (Joensuu)

OTC Papunesia: Christian Döhler (Berlin), Kilu von Prince (Düsseldorf)

OTC South America: Matt Coler (Groningen), Nick Emlen (Groningen)

Further information is available at http://opentextcollections.org.
Inquiries can be directed to otc at langsci-press.org or the regional
editors listed above.
Best wishes