[Lingtyp] Job opening: Associate Professor in Linguistics, UiB

Carl Börstell Carl.Borstell at uib.no
Fri Sep 29 09:44:24 UTC 2023

The University of Bergen (UiB), Norway, invites applications for a permanent position as Associate Professor in Linguistics at The Department of Linguistic, Literary and Aesthetic Studies (LLE).

We are seeking a linguist with a computational profile, not necessarily a computational linguist as such, but someone who knows general linguistics and has experience with, e.g., corpus linguistics, use and creation of digital language resources or quantitative analysis of linguistic data. The candidate should be able to teach programming (e.g., R or Python) for linguistic purposes as well as topics in general linguistics in our BA and MA programs.

Application deadline: November 1st, 2023

Expected start date: August 1st, 2024