[Lingtyp] Two types of frequency

Christian Lehmann christian.lehmann at uni-erfurt.de
Tue Feb 6 11:52:02 UTC 2024

It might be added that the terms 'lexical frequency' and 'token
frequency' have also been applied to linguistic units other than
phonemes. For instance, a derivational suffix like Engl. /-ness/ also
has a lexical frequency and a token frequency, in the same sense.

Greetings, Christian

Prof. em. Dr. Christian Lehmann
Rudolfstr. 4
99092 Erfurt