[Lingtyp] historical change from a complementizer to a temporal adverbial

Kim, Yongtaek ykim791 at gatech.edu
Wed Feb 7 01:39:46 UTC 2024

Dear Ellison,

I greatly appreciate your kind explanation and the crucial data provided.

I fully agree with your analysis regarding the directionality of 'whether (or not)' <> 'if' <> 'when' <> 'as soon as.'

The works by Hosokawa (1991) and Waters (1989) seem very interesting.

Thank you so much again for your help!

Yongtaek Kim, Ph.D.

Associate Professor of Korean and Linguistics

Director of Korean Program

School of Modern Languages, Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts

Swann 309

ykim791 at gatech.edu