[Lingtyp] Looking for two terms

Däbritz, Dr. phil. Chris Lasse chris.lasse.daebritz at uni-hamburg.de
Tue Jan 30 14:16:56 UTC 2024

Dear John, dear all,

as for the latter form, I would propose "elative", as widely used in Uralic linguistics for case forms denoting movement out of somewhere, e.g. Finnish "talo-sta" 'house-ELA' = 'out of the house, from inside the house'. However, it should be noted that this case form is mostly used adverbially rather than attributively, which might also play a role for your terminological choice.

As for the first example, I could imagine "selective" with the gloss SEL.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Chris