[Lingtyp] "Hell if I know!" marker

Timur Maisak timur.maisak at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 18:54:12 UTC 2024

Dear Wesley,
on the semantic description of non-canonical questions, including the 'I
wonder' type, please see Farkas 2022 (https://doi.org/10.1093/jos/ffac001).
There are various parameters that can be important - e.g., whether the
speaker knows the answer or not, whether they assume that the addressee
knows the answer or not, whether the speaker really expects to get an
answer from the addressee, etc.

Very best,
Timur Maisak

ср, 31 янв. 2024 г. в 21:48, Wesley Kuhron Jones <