[Lingtyp] Discourse functions of possessive markers

Egor Kashkin egorka1988 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 09:05:27 UTC 2024

Dear Zahra,

I'm not sure from the discussion of the Uralic data that your list of
references on Uralic is up-to-date enough.

I would suggest adding the following sources that elaborate on the
subject in a more detail than Nikolaeva or Serebrennikov do:

-- papers by Stepan Mikhailov on Kazym Khanty:
https://www.hse.ru/en/staff/sm#sci
-- article by Irina Khomchenkova on Hill Mari:
https://ural-altai.ru/userfiles/files/publications/Uralaltai-45-149-169.pdf
(see also her slides in English:
https://cloud.ruslang.ru/s/o2iKAPZcf33rF25)
-- article by Natalia Serdobolskaya et al. on Beserman Udmurt:
https://iling-ran.ru/usacheva/Usacheva_2019_en.pdf
-- monograph by Gwen Eva Janda
(https://monographs.ub.uni-koeln.de/map/catalog/book/17 ) and her
article on Northern Mansi:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/290202214_Northern_Mansi_possessive_suffixes_in_non-possessive_function
-- article by Alexandra Simonenko on several Finno-Ugric languages:
https://people.linguistics.mcgill.ca/~alexandra.simonenko/Papers&Handouts_files/SimonenkoNELS43.pdf
(by the way she has more papers on possessives and determiners, which
could probably be interesting for you:
https://biblio.ugent.be/person/0287CED4-6888-11E5-AD70-3415B5D1D7B1?limit=10&sort=year.desc&sort=datecreated.desc&start=0
)
-- I would also advise browsing publications by Katalin É. Kiss
(https://nytud.hu/en/colleague/katalin-e-kiss/publications ), some of
them deal with possessives and/or focus and may contain relevant
information

Best regards,
Egor Kashkin

вт, 16 июл. 2024 г. в 15:53, Zahra Etebari Shekarsaraei via Lingtyp