6.298 Qs: Ergativity, Tutor, Bound copulas, Modality and negation

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sun Feb 26 20:11:03 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-298. Sun 26 Feb 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 152

Subject: 6.298 Qs: Ergativity, Tutor, Bound copulas, Modality and negation

Date: Fri, 24 Feb 1995 17:04:26 -0500
From: JMClifton at aol.com
Subject: Query: Ergativity

2)
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 1995 23:10:36 EST
From: g5468lbake at umbsky.cc.umb.edu
Subject: looking for tutor (psycholinguistics grad. class)

3)
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 1995 11:06:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: DDEVITT at oavax.csuchico.edu
Subject: Query: bound copulas

4)
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 1995 00:22:00 +0900
From:   (GCA01363 at niftyserve.or.jp)
Subject: On modality and negation again

Date: Fri, 24 Feb 1995 17:04:26 -0500
From: JMClifton at aol.com

I am posting the following query for a colleague who is not a subscriber. He
is working in a Papuan (non-Austronesian) language of Papua New Guinea which
has ergativity, and is interested in comparative studies of ergativity,
especially any including Papuan languages. You can respond to me and I'll
forward any references to him. I'll also post a summary if responses merit
it.