6.994, Qs: Citation index, Ling relativity, Voiced sentence, if-clause

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Thu Jul 20 17:27:09 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-994. Thu Jul 20 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  168

Subject: 6.994, Qs: Citation index, Ling relativity, Voiced sentence, if-clause

                           REMINDER

Date:  Thu, 20 Jul 1995 06:00:09 CDT
From:  U248008 at vm.uci.kun.nl (Michael Cysouw)
Subject:  Citation Index

2)
Date:  Thu, 20 Jul 1995 12:22:50 +0200
From:  radtsch at uni-muenster.de
Subject:  Q:Linguistic Relativity

3)
Date:  Thu, 20 Jul 1995 09:12:20 BST
From:  larryt at cogs.susx.ac.uk ("Larry Trask")
Subject:  Query: Fully voiced sentences

4)
Date:  Thu, 20 Jul 1995 11:09:28 CDT
From:  LROSENWALD at WELLESLEY.EDU (Larry Rosenwald)
Subject:  A query about a kind of if-clause

Date:  Thu, 20 Jul 1995 06:00:09 CDT
From:  U248008 at vm.uci.kun.nl (Michael Cysouw)

Hai,

My name is Michael Cysouw and I just started a PhD-project on the
department of linguistics in Nijmegen (Holland) with Leon Stassen and
Pieter Seuren.

I'm not officially subscribed to the linguist list, but I'm often browsing
through the WWW-server. Now I want to get the following message on the list
(if it is possible):

Query: Linguistic Cross-Referenced Citation Index

Why isn't there any linguistic Citation Index which is cross-referenced,
just like there exists for biology and physics for instance? This index
should allow you to find all the books and articles that are referring to a
book/article of your interest, so you can easily find the follow-up of a
scientific discussion.

I think such an index would be invaluable for linguistic research. Does
anybody know about plans to construct one, or about how to set up such an
index (structurally and financially)?

Michael Cysouw

Algemene Taalwetenschap en Dialectologie
Faculteit Letteren
Katholieke Universiteit Nijmegen
Postbus 9103
6500 HD Nijmegen