7.1548, TOC: Linguistique Africaine #16

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sat Nov 2 19:27:38 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1548. Sat Nov 2 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  118

Subject: 7.1548, TOC: Linguistique Africaine #16

Associate Editors: Ljuba Veselinova <lveselin at emunix.emich.edu>
                   Ann Dizdar <dizdar at tam2000.tamu.edu>
Assistant Editor:  Sue Robinson <robinson at emunix.emich.edu>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <rreck at emunix.emich.edu>

Editor for this issue: lveselin at emunix.emich.edu (Ljuba Veselinova)
At the end of the issue is a statement of our policy regarding TOCs
and instructions on retrieving backlists of journal TOCs from our listserv.

----------------------------- Messages --------------------------------

"Linguistique Africaine" announces the publication of number 16
(the first 1996 issue).

Contents are given below, followed by editorial, subscription and
contact information.

************** Linguistique Africaine 16, 1996 Contents**************

Editorial

Robert NICOLAI "Hommage a Gabriel Manessy"

madame Manessy "Publications de Gabriel Manessy"

Paul AGBEDOR "Syntax of ewe personal pronouns"

Gabriel MANESSY "La determination nominale en senoufo"

Lelia PICABIA "La proposition finie en grand comorien: analyse des
unites fonctionnelles"

INFORMATIONS ET DOCUMENTS

Resume des articles du numero 14.
Ouvrages recus et parutions nouvelles.
Colloques.
Theses de linguistique africaine.

COMPTE-RENDUS ET COMMENTAIRES

Delia HAUST "Code-switching in Gambia. Eine sozio-linguistische
Untersuchung von Mandinka, Wolof und Englisch in Kontacte"
(Claudia Dombrowsky)

Petr ZIMA "Lexique dendi (songhay) (djougu, Benin)"   (Robert Nicolai)

LINGUISTIQUE AFRICAINE provides a forum for the presentation and
discussion of data-oriented and theoretically-oriented research
in African linguistics. A primary goal of the journal is to
encourage research which will contribute to the resolution of
problems in African Linguistics, and enable African languages to
play a more important role in the shaping of contemporary
linguistic theory. LINGUISTIQUE AFRICAINE particularly welcomes
original contributions on the syntax, morphology and phonology of
African languages. The journal is also structured to include
review articles, book notices, dissertation abstracts, and
overviews of research in specific areas of African
linguistics. From time to time, thematic issues, organized by the
Editors will be devoted to topics of special interest.

LINGUISTIQUE AFRICAINE invites contributions in French or
English. Manuscripts and books for reviews should be sent to:

LINGUISTIQUE AFRICAINE
c/o Suzy PLATIEL
INALCO
2, rue de Lille
75343 Paris Cedex 07
FRANCE

Subscription Information:
One year (2 issues): FF 180.
Single issues: FF 100.
Two issues published per year.
Back issues available upon request.

Orders may be directed to LINGUISTIQUE AFRICAINE. For further
information please contact Cassian Braconnier, e-mail:
cassian at worldnet.net.

We publish the tables of contents of current journal issues and working
papers if they are of reasonable length; and we maintain journal backlists
on our listserv.  Our resources, however, do not allow us to post the tables
of contents of books.

Available journal backlists include:
	LI lst       (Linguistic Inquiry)
	compling lst (Computational Linguistics)
        NALA lst     (Natural Language and Linguistic Theory)
        CAHIERS LST  (Les Cahiers de Grammaire)
	AIReview lst (Artificial Intelligence Review)

To retrieve a backlist, send the message:
    get <listname> linguist                      Ex:  get LI lst linguist
    listserv at tamvm1.tamu.edu