8.775, Qs: AV materials,Multiling lexicon,The Net

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat May 24 22:14:13 UTC 1997

LINGUIST List:  Vol-8-775. Sat May 24 1997. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 8.775, Qs: AV materials,Multiling lexicon,The Net

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 20 May 1997 16:16:40 -0800
From:  g.broadwell at albany.edu (George Aaron Broadwell)
Subject:  audiovisual materials

2)
Date:  Fri, 23 May 1997 16:06:20 -0700
From:  Carol Basilio <basilioc at oumail1.email.ohiou.edu>
Subject:  Multilingual lexical processing

3)
Date:  Thu, 22 May 1997 09:24:49 -0700
From:  Trevor Balzer <trevor at fan.net.au>
Subject:  Research technology (The Net)

Date:  Tue, 20 May 1997 16:16:40 -0800
From:  g.broadwell at albany.edu (George Aaron Broadwell)

Friends,

Our linguistics program has a small amount of money budgeted for the
purchase of film/software/other audiovisual materials to be used in
our classes.

We already have:

The Story of English (PBS)
The Human language series (by Searchinger)
American Tongues & Yeah, you right
NOVA episodes: Genie, Can chimps talk?, The search for the first
language.

We'd be grateful for suggestions of other audiovisual materials that
you have found useful in your classes.

Thanks,
George Aaron Broadwell,  g.broadwell at albany.edu
Anthropology; Linguistics and Cognitive Science,
University at Albany, SUNY, Albany, NY 12222 | 518-442-4711
"Where it is a duty to worship the sun it is pretty sure to be a crime to
examine the laws of heat" -- John Morley