Appel: Journees pluralite nov 2007, Paris

Thierry Hamon thierry.hamon at LIPN.UNIV-PARIS13.FR
Wed Jul 4 07:18:49 UTC 2007

Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 20:03:17 +0200 From: Sylviane
<sylviane.schwer at noos.fr> Message-Id:
<D95223F4-25A1-11DC-86CD-000393AFAB2C at noos.fr> X-url:
http://www.umr7023.cnrs.fr/article.php3?id_article=295  ###########
1st call for papers

Workshop on nominal and verbal plurality
November 9th -10th, 2007
Paris

Invited speakers:

Paolo Acquaviva (Trinity College Dublin)
Leora Bar-el (SOAS-London)
Ekkehard König (FU Berlin)

Call Deadline: 20-Aug-2007

The Workshop on nominal and verbal plurality will take place on
November 9th -10th, 2007, in Paris. It is organized by the project
"Distributive dependencies : nominal and verbal plurality" (CNRS,
Fédération TUL).

This project explores the parallels and interactions between the
nominal and the verbal domain by targeting a wide semantic
category,
plurality, and its morpho-syntactic manifestations accross
languages.

All contributions on morphological, syntactic, and semantic
aspects of
plurality are welcome.

We particularly encourage contributions exploring the expressions
of
event plurality and their interaction with argument plurality
(reciprocals, distributivity, "pluractionals", plural
nominalizations)
and the nature of cross-categorial plurality markers.

We invite submissions for 30-minute presentations (plus ten-minute
discussions). Abstracts should be at most 2 pages in length
(including
examples and references) written in French or English.

Abstracts must be anonymous and should be sent by e-mail (plain
ASCII,
rtf, ps or pdf) to:
        Brenda.LacaATlinguist.jussieu.fr

Please write the (first) author's name plus the word 'abstract' in
the
subject line of your message (e.g., 'Dupont abstract'), and include
author name(s), affiliation, contact information and the title of
the
abstract in the body of the email.
For co-authored papers indicate the email address that we should
use
for correspondence.

Abstracts should reach us by August 20, 2007.

For more information:
Web site: http://www.umr7023.cnrs.fr/article.php3?id_article=295
E-mail: Brenda.LacaATlinguist.jussieu.fr

Abstract Submission Deadline: Aug 20, 2007
Notification of Acceptance: Sept 20, 2007
Workshop: Nov 9-10 2007

Scientific Committee:
Patricia Cabredo Hofherr (CNRS UMR 7023 -Paris 8), Martin
Haiden (Tours), Brenda Laca (Paris 8 - CNRS UMR 7023, Chair)
Rafael Marín (CNRS UMR 8163 - Lille 3), Sylviane Schwer (LIPN -
CNRS 7030 et Paris
13)

Message diffuse par la liste Langage Naturel <LN at cines.fr>
Informations, abonnement : http://www.atala.org/article.php3?id_article=48
English version       :
Archives                 : http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/ln.html
                                http://liste.cines.fr/info/ln

La liste LN est parrainee par l'ATALA (Association pour le Traitement
Automatique des Langues)
Information et adhesion  : http://www.atala.org/