Appel: Tralogy

Thierry Hamon thierry.hamon at UNIV-PARIS13.FR
Wed Nov 10 19:15:27 UTC 2010

Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 23:39:48 +0100
From: Joseph Mariani <Joseph.Mariani at limsi.fr>

Call for Papers

TRALOGY'2011
Translation and Technology Conference
Paris (France), March 3-4, 2011

We no longer translate as we did 50, 20 or even 10 years ago. What
form will the translation process take 10, 20 or 50 years from now?
What will be the demand for translation and what kind of tools, what
kind of approach, will we need to meet that demand? Who will be the
translators ? assuming they will still be called translators ? of
tomorrow? What skills and disciplines will they need, on what concepts
will their work be based and what form will their training take? What
can technology do today and what will it be able to do tomorrow? How
far has research in the field of machine translation and
computer-assisted translation come? If there is to be a partnership
between human beings and machines, what approach to human translation
will it be based on, and how will it progress?

To try to answer those questions, the TRALOGY international conference
is organized in Paris (France), March 3-4, 2011.

This conference is of interest for:
- Translators and Interpretors,
- Researchers in Language Technology, especially Machine Translation,
- Educators in the areas of translation and interpretation.

Deadline for submitting on-line a 500-word abstract is November 30,
2010

All information on the conference is available at:
http://www.tralogy.eu/

Message diffuse par la liste Langage Naturel <LN at cines.fr>
Informations, abonnement : http://www.atala.org/article.php3?id_article=48
English version       :
Archives                 : http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/ln.html
                                http://liste.cines.fr/info/ln

La liste LN est parrainee par l'ATALA (Association pour le Traitement
Automatique des Langues)
Information et adhesion  : http://www.atala.org/