Livre: Smith, Linguistic Structure Prediction

Thierry Hamon thierry.hamon at UNIV-PARIS13.FR
Fri Aug 12 18:56:01 UTC 2011

Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 11:34:14 -0400
From: Graeme Hirst <gh at cs.toronto.edu>

NEW BOOK

Linguistic Structure Prediction
Noah A. Smith
2011
PDF (2766 KB) | PDF Plus (2767 KB)

Abstract
A major part of natural language processing now depends on the use of
text data to build linguistic analyzers. We consider statistical,
computational approaches to modeling linguistic structure. We seek to
unify across many approaches and many kinds of linguistic
structures. Assuming a basic understanding of natural language
processing and/or machine learning, we seek to bridge the gap between
the two fields. Approaches to decoding (i.e., carrying out linguistic
structure prediction) and supervised and unsupervised learning of models
that predict discrete structures as outputs are the focus. We also
survey natural language processing problems to which these methods are
being applied, and we address related topics in probabilistic inference,
optimization, and experimental methodology.

Table of Contents: Representations and Linguistic Data / Decoding:
Making Predictions / Learning Structure from Annotated Data / Learning
Structure from Incomplete Data / Beyond Decoding: Inference

This title is available online free of charge to members of institutions
that that have licensed the content through theSynthesis Digital Library
of Engineering and Computer Science or the Synthesis Lectures on Human
Language Technologies.

Use of this book as a course text is encouraged; and the text may be
downloaded without restriction at licensing institutions, or after a
one-time fee of $30 USD at non-licensing schools. To find out whether
your institution is a subscriber, visit
<http://www.morganclaypool.com/page/licensed>, or follow the links above
and attempt to download the PDF. Additional information about Synthesis
can be found through the following links, or by contacting me directly.

Available titles and subject areas:
http://www.morganclaypool.com/page/ForthcomingSynthesisLectures

Information for librarians, including pricing and license:
http://www.morganclaypool.com/page/librarian_info

A review of Synthesis in ISTL:
http://www.istl.org/09-winter/electronic.html

This book can also be purchased in print directly from the Morgan &
Claypool Bookstore for $60.00 USD, from Amazon.com, and other
booksellers worldwide.

Message diffuse par la liste Langage Naturel <LN at cines.fr>
Informations, abonnement : http://www.atala.org/article.php3?id_article=48
English version       :
Archives                 : http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/ln.html
                                http://liste.cines.fr/info/ln

La liste LN est parrainee par l'ATALA (Association pour le Traitement
Automatique des Langues)
Information et adhesion  : http://www.atala.org/