Job: Open Positions in ASR, SyNTHEMA, Italy

Thierry Hamon hamon at LIMSI.FR
Sun Jun 8 07:06:42 UTC 2014

Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 20:11:47 +0200
From: Carlo Aliprandi <carlo.aliprandi at synthema.it>

SyNTHEMA, a leading provider of Language and Semantic technologies
located in Pisa (Italy), is looking for:

- Researchers  in Automatic Speech Recognition

SyNTHEMA's expertise spans over 20 years of building state-of-the art
solutions for Enterprise Search, Customer Relationship Intelligence,
Sentiment Analysis, Speech Recognition, Respeaking, Audio Mining and
Speech Analytics.

JUNIOR ASR RESEARCHER (REF JASR_2014)
-------------------------------------

We are looking for a Software Engineer with some education background in
Computational Linguist to join our Research & Development Team. In this
position, under the direction of the International R&D Manager, you will
be responsible for advancing research and development in our ASR systems

Minimum Requirements:
- a Master's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or Computational
  Linguistics,
- programming skills
- self-motivated, goal-oriented and likes working in a team,
- Fluency in English, speaking and writing.

The ideal candidate:
- programming skills (c and c++)
- has an education background in ASR,
- has experience working with ASR toolkits, like HTK, Sphinx, Julius.

ASR RESEARCHER (REF.  ASR_2014)
-------------------------------

We are looking for a Software Engineer with some experience in
Computational Linguist to join our Research & Development Team. In this
position, under the direction of the International R&D Manager, you will
be responsible for advancing research and development in our ASR
systems, managing responsibilities in EU projects.

Minimum Requirements:
- a Master's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or Computational
  Linguistics,
- good programming skills, (c, c++, java)
- self-motivated, goal-oriented and likes working in a team,
- good Fluency in English, speaking and writing.

The ideal candidate:
- has a background of the technology and techniques used in ASR engines,
- has experience in development and deployment of an ASR engine, with
  emphasis on language modelling, dictionary tuning, acoustic modelling
  and domain adaptation,
- has experience working with ASR toolkits, like HTK, Sphinx, Julius.

The positions are open until filled.

To apply, please submit your CV, a publication list and a cover letter
describing your experience and interests to:

Dr. Carlo Aliprandi
Email: carlo.aliprandi AT synthema .it

Language and Speech Solutions Manager
Synthema S.r.l.
Via Malasoma 24 I-56121 Ospedaletto (PI) - ITALY
Tel: +39.050.96564.11,	Fax: +39.050.96564.21
http://www.synthema.it/index.php/Tecnologia/speechtechnology/
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/carlo-aliprandi/4/874/180