Firefly Lore

Paul Senzee PABLO_CRUZ at prodigy.net
Thu Jan 20 03:35:18 UTC 2000

Hi!

I've been a lurker also for a long time, I have a huge fascination with
nahua
due to some experiences I had in the Sierra Norte de Puebla while I lived
there for a few years, a few years ago.  In talking with some of the
inhabitants
of some of the tinier villages of that area, I learned a few words -
however,
hardly enough to contribute anything of use to this list.

Nevertheless, I lived for a while in Metepec, small village north of
Atlixco,
it seemed the most mystical place I've ever been.  They seemed to have a
huge fascination with little lights around the volcano Popocatepetl.  Most
said
they were UFOs, others said they were other various manifestations.

My point is, could this superstition, what seemed to me to be extreme
fascination with these lights, whatever they were, be related?

By the way, for a while I've been interested in collaborative literature and
other collaborative arts via the internet.  I'm a software guy by trade and
we've recently debuted (although it's not really yet complete) a website
devoted to collaborating in the creation of literature and other arts.

It's at http://www.fragrantvagrant.com

I would *love* to see a collaborative work in or about nahua, as some of the
knowledge on this list is phenomenal!!  Anyhow it's a thought.  Tell me what
you all think - I'm at pablo_cruz at prodigy.net.

Paul Senzee