digital camaras and colonial documents

John Sullivan Hendricks sullivan at logicnet.com.mx
Wed Jan 26 02:13:37 UTC 2000

Someone suggested to me that a portable and cheap way to get around
photocopying, microfilming or scanning documents in colonial archives would
be a digital camara.  Can anybody give me some advice on this.  I will be
using a Macintosh G-3 portable computer.  As far as the camara goes,
obviously it would have to be able to take close up pictures from a tripod,
and the image would have to be good enough to read the manuscripts.  I tried
e-mailing Canon, but their web page doesn't accept foreign e-mails (So much
for globalization!).  Any suggestions?
	John Sullivan
	Universidad Autónoma de Zacatecas