Diafrasismos

Nancy Boulicault kaa99 at dial.pipex.com
Mon Jan 31 13:42:03 UTC 2000

Three Wishes

1) Could the learned listeros share their favourite diafrasismos in
English and Nahuat? Riddles would be welcome as well.

2) Did the Mexica have a name for the coastal storms which I believe are
now called Northers? Is there a description of these storms? I've read
one in Life in Mexico by Calderon de la Barca but was looking for
something more detailed in either English or French.

3) Does an English or French translation of Acosta Saignes, Miguel, Los
Pochteca, 1945 from Acta Anthropologica 1:9-54, exist?

Thank you
Nancy (a long time lurker and admirer)