Plant Names

David Wright dcwright at prodigy.net.mx
Sat Nov 5 03:26:27 UTC 2011

Thanks a million, Joe. Your file helped me track down some loose ends and
make some more note cards, hopping back and forth between the Florentine
Codex, Hernández, and the Codex Cruz-Badiano.

Any thoughts on the etymology of tetzmitl? I feel like I'm forcing things
seeing te:- + i:tzmi:tl in it, since Molina has several words that start
with teitz-. The i: shouldn't be elided with either te(tl) or te:-.