The verb CEQUI in Karttunen's dictionary

Mitsuya SASAKI hawatari21centuries at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 15:03:51 UTC 2011

Fran,

Thank you, and sorry for writing as if it was a shortcoming of ADN.
IH- is always problematic both semantically and morphophonologically,
and Andrews' Introduction points out that TLA- + IHCEQUI yields not
only TLAHCEQUI, but alternatively TLAIHCEQUI.
Now I wonder if the form CEQUI in Tetelcingo Nahuatl is an aphaeretic
form of IHCEQUI or it reflects the older form without the prefix IH-.

Mitsuya SASAKI
The Department of Linguistics, the University of Tokyo
ll116003 at mail.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp