Nahuatl word classes

John Sullivan idiez at me.com
Mon Jan 14 19:10:58 UTC 2013

Piyali Joost,
	But if this is the case, then, at least in Modern Huastecan Nahuatl, the present tense is inherently stative. "ninehnemi", for example doesn't mean "I walk", it means "I am walking". To get it to mean "I walk" you have to add an adverb. For example, "Mohmoztlah ninehnemi", "I walk everyday". I still don't understand the difference between, "ninehnemi" and ninehnenticah". I'll have to run this by the macehualmeh here at IDIEZ.
Best,
John