name for a lime kiln

John Sullivan idiez at me.com
Tue Mar 19 07:54:23 UTC 2013

Piyali notequixpoyohuan,
	Another element in Tlaxcallan Nahuatl's leftward stress movement is the absolutive forms of nouns traditionally ending in -li. So we have tlaxcal, "tortilla", tlecol, "charcoal", tlaol, "corn kernels", tamal, "tamal", etc. with the accent on the penultimate syllable.
	I have a question. Is the process of final vowel degredation as seen in -ca/que/qui/c/Ø, -tla/tle/tli/tl/Ø, -hua/hue/hui/uh/Ø the result of leftward stress movement, or is it the other way around?
John