-ti verber

Michael McCafferty mmccaffe at indiana.edu
Thu Sep 25 17:57:20 UTC 2014

John:

Like Mr. Launey I am puzzled by your idea that -ti can mean 'have'. If
I say to myself "nicaltih," that sounds to me like "I became a
house"...maybe playing with the kids or creating something in my
imagination. It wouldn't mean "I have a house". I'm having trouble
finding examples of a verb in -ti with a noun stem that means 'have'.
tetl..teti...niteti...hmmm...

Can you provide some examples where we find -ti meaning 'have'? That
might help.

Much obliged,

Michael