[RNLD List] Position Vacant: Linguist - Ngukurr Language Centre

Amy Parncutt amy at livinglanguages.org.au
Fri Nov 6 00:05:49 UTC 2020

Hi all,

Ngukurr Language centre is advertising for a linguist. Please contact
Jordan Hollis for more information: contact at ngukurrlc.org.au

***

*Position Vacant: Linguist (Part-time) - Ngukurr Language Centre*

*About Ngukurr Language Centre*

Ngukurr Language Centre Aboriginal Corporation, herein referred to as
Ngukurr Language Centre, is an independent, locally-governed,
not-for-profit organisation. The goal of the organisation is to revitalise,
document, teach and promote the traditional languages of the Roper River
region. This is achieved through the delivery of a range of community-based
language programs and advocacy within the wider community.

*About the Role:*

The Ngukurr Language Centre Aboriginal Corporation is seeking a friendly,
dynamic and dedicated person to be their linguist. It’s a challenging and
exciting opportunity to collaborate with a great team of dedicated, and
passionate elders and language workers, working with some of the world’s
most endangered languages.

*Position title*

Linguist

*Award*

Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010

*Level*

Social & Community Services employee level 5

*Salary*

Annual salary of $60,288 based on 28.5 hour week.(0.75), + 9.5% super

*Reporting To*

Coordinator, Ngukurr Language Centre

*Hours*

28.5 hours per week (0.75 - Part-time)

*Annual Leave*

6 Weeks (17.5% leave loading)

*Tenure*

12 months, ongoing with a 6-month probation period. Commencing in February
2020.

*Location*

Ngukurr, N.T.

*How to apply*

To request an application pack, please contact Jordan Hollis at
contact at ngukurrlc.org.au or call (08) 8977 4225

Amy Parncutt

*Trainer*

ph. +61 (03) 9077 9500

www.livinglanguages.org.au

<http://www.facebook.com/Living-Languages-1048821725307557/>
<https://twitter.com/LivingLangs>
<https://www.livinglanguages.org.au/donate>

My usual work days are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.

I pay my respects and acknowledgments to all Traditional Custodians on
whose land I live, work and travel through, in Australia and overseas.