[RNLD List] language mapping

Piers Kelly piers.kelly at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 21:13:20 UTC 2022

Hi all,
Just posting this because people regularly ask me for advice about language
mapping.

There's of course a great deal you can do yourself by learning how to use
QGIS (free and open source) or ArcGIS (proprietary), but sometimes I just
need a professional carto/designer to swoop in and get it done.

To this end I've had great experience working with Jason Sankovic who has
recently relocated back to Australia and is keen for more freelance work.
He's used to collaborating with linguists, researchers and small
organisations, and has produced beautiful language maps for me. Just BYO
data of course.

His contact details are here: https://cerphive.com/

I don't want to be just plugging my person, so if anyone else has
freelancers that they have good experiences with, please reply-all and
share!

Piers

--
ᜉᜒᜌᜐ᜔ᜃᜒᜎᜒ
DFG Fellow, University of New England, Armidale