Help with Russian translation

Karen L. Kettering hwdkettering at erols.com
Tue Dec 8 16:42:07 UTC 1998

Dear Seelangers,

In our glass collection we have a number of pieces made in the first half of the
nineteenth century in honor of Russian victories in the Napoleonic wars.
 Several

objects are marked with the phrase "Likui Moskva v parizhe Ross vziat 19 marta
1814."  A Russian woman who recently saw one of these objects observed that
the phrase was very familiar and thought that it was a line from a poem.  Does
this ring a bell for anyone else?  Also, can someone suggest how this could be
best
rendered in English?

Thanks in advance,

Karen Kettering