Graduate Study in Russia

Kevin Moss moss at panther.middlebury.edu
Thu Dec 10 14:09:32 UTC 1998

>Please reply to stimmler at princeton.edu
>
>Hello Seelangers:
>
>I am a graduate student in Slavic Linguistics and would like to study in
>Moscow next fall.  I was wondering if anyone knew how to go about
>taking graduate-level classes in a Russian institute or university.  All
>the study-abroad programs are designed for undergraduates, and don't
>offer in-depth courses on phonology, syntax, or history of Russian. I'm
>not sure whether it would be better to go through the hassle and red tape
>of being affiliated with a Russian university, or simply work out my plans
>'one-on-one' with a few scholars out there.  Any ideas or opinions?
>
>Thanks for your help,
>
>Brian Stimmler
>stimmler at princeton.edu

Middlebury does have a graduate program at MGU, you might check out the
Russian School site & request info. Normally it would involve a summer at
Middlebury followed by a full year.

http://www.middlebury.edu/~ls/index.shtml

KM

Kevin Moss
Russian Dept.
Middlebury College
Middlebury, VT 05753

tel: (802) 443-5786
fax: (802) 443-5394
www.middlebury.edu/~moss

 Certe, Toto, sentio nos in Kansate non iam adesse!