prices

A.Str itl1033 at ONLINE.KHARKOV.UA
Mon Jun 19 06:48:18 UTC 2000

Hello, Seelangers

I heard in the BBC the following expression: "...prices might be cheaper..."
Well, I hear frequently that sort of expressions in my native
language (Russian). I don't want to look like a snob but I really
feel myself a bit funny when I hear this. I think that goods may
be cheaper, services may be cheaper, I'm not sure, but maybe even
humor may be cheaper (it certainly does in Russian!). But prices?
they may be bigger or smaller, higher or lower, but cheaper...?
What do you think?

Aleksander Stratienko