WordPerfect 9 help request

David E. Crawford dec at UFL.EDU
Tue Jun 27 01:23:16 UTC 2000

Is there anyone on the list who has successfully configured
WordPerfect (Corel Office 2000 for Windows, version 9, service
release 3) such that you can edit Cyrillic text and correctly
display/print the selected font? If so, how did you do it?  I'm
running Windows 98 with multilanguage support installed, reasonably
up-to-date.  I can select Russian on the system tray, and start
typing into WP9, and I see the correct Cyrillic text content on the
screen;  however, it is always the same Times-ish font regardless of
the font selected on the toolbar.  Printing gives the same results.
This happens when the default Code Page 1252 is selected under the
Format, Font Settings, Edit Font Mapping, Code Page menu;  if I
switch to 1251 (Windows Cyrillic), the on-screen Cyrillic is replaced
by Roman characters with diacritic marks.  After I switch to English
on the system tray, the correct font magically appears for the typed
roman characters on the screen, then back to the "generic" Cyrillic
font again once I switch back to Russian.  I've fiddled with the
language, code page, and font substitution settings and I can't get
it to work correctly.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

TIA.
David

David E. Crawford, MSEE
Gainesville, Florida  29╟36.28'N 82╟25.44'W
United States of America
dec at ufl.edu
Voice mailbox:   661-420-9701
FAX:             530-504-9257