Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at WISC.EDU
Thu Mar 13 02:01:18 UTC 2003

Dear SEELANGers:

This is exactly why AATSEEL supports the efforts of John Schillinger
and the Committee College and Pre-College Russian in its new campaign
(starting later this year) to collect such data at the post-secondary
level.  Please look for an invitation to submit YOUR data later this
year!

With best regards,

Ben Rifkin

>Dear Colleagues,
>
>We are having trouble finding enrollment statistics from peer institutions.
>We are looking for numbers of Russian majors and minors as well as numbers
>enrolled in Russian for the years 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003.  Does anyone know
>of any publications or organizations that keep track of these figures?
>
>We did find the AAASS website which had numbers of Russian graduates from
>each department, but not enrollments and majors/minors.
>
>Thank you very much,
>
>Laura Olson
>

>Laura Olson
>Germanic & Slavic Languages and Literatures
>University of Colorado
>276 UCB
>Boulder, CO 80309-0276
>(303) 492-7729
>fax (303) 493-5376

=================
Benjamin Rifkin

Professor of Slavic Languages, Slavic Dept., UW-Madison
1432 Van Hise Hall, 1220 Linden Dr.
Madison, WI  53706 USA
voice: 608/262-1623; fax: 608/265-2814
http://polyglot.lss.wisc.edu/slavic/rifkin/

Director of the Russian School
Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT  05753
voice:  802/443-5533; fax: 802/443-5394
http://www.middlebury.edu/~ls/russian/