Leonid Dobychin

Robert Chandler kcf19 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Mon Mar 17 06:26:51 UTC 2003

Dear all,

Rather late in the day I have decided to include Dobychin in the anthology
of short stories I am compiling for Penguin Classics.  I have already
translated 'Otets', which I consider to be a masterpiece.  But I would like
to include one or two more stories and am not sure which.  I'd be grateful
for advice, all the more so since I find some of his stories extremely
difficult to understand.

Since this will be an introduction to Dobychin for 99% of his readers, as
well as for me, I would probably prefer one of the less difficult stories.
'Pozhaluista' is a possibility.  But I'll be grateful for any suggestions.

Best Wishes,

Robert Chandler