Etimologicheskii slovar' slovanianskikh iazykov

Danko Sipka Danko.Sipka at ASU.EDU
Thu Mar 27 13:42:25 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "James E Brown" <jebrown at HAWAII.EDU>
To: <SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 7:55 PM
Subject: [SEELANGS] Etimologicheskii slovar' slovanianskikh iazykov

> Does anyone have for sale or know where I might buy volumes 1 and 3 of
> the "Etimologicheskii slovar' slavianskikh iazykov" edited by O. N.
> Trubachev?

You can order it here:
http://www.naukaran.ru/price/10.shtml

It is also available on-line at:
http://iiasnt.leidenuniv.nl/cgi-bin/startq.cgi?flags=endnnnl&root=leiden&bas
ename=%5Cdata%5Cie%5Cslav

Other etymological dictionaries which may be of interest are:
http://iiasnt.leidenuniv.nl/ied/index2.html

Vasmer and other Russian dictionaries are at:
http://starling.rinet.ru/morphoru.htm

More Russian monolignual dictionaries are at:
http://slovari.gramota.ru/portal_sl.html

Hard to believe, but there are Slavic langauges other than Russian. This
quintilingual Sorbian cultural information page, I have recently come across
may be of interest to some members of this group:
http://www.sorben.com/ski/

Best,

Danko Sipka
Research Associate Professor and Associate Director
Critical Languages Institute (http://www.asu.edu/cli)
Arizona State University
E-mail: Danko.Sipka at asu.edu
Web: http://www.public.asu.edu/~dsipka