Bryusov's "Fiery Angel"

Harlow Robinson harlo at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Mar 28 19:07:44 UTC 2003

First, thanks to those who replied to my query about whether Pilnyak's "Okei: Amerikanskii roman" had been translated into English. (It appears it has not been, at least not in published form.)

And now for another translation question.

An acquaintance of mine is planning to direct a production of Prokofiev's opera "The Fiery Angel" based on Valery Bryusov's novel of the same name.  She wants to know if this novel has ever been translated into English.  I do not believe it has been.  Can anyone confirm or deny?

many thanks, distinguished colleagues

Harlow Robinson
Northeastern University